[mininet-discuss] Connecting a host to the same switch multiple times

Asaf Valadarsky asaf.valadarsky at mail.huji.ac.il
Sun Jan 18 14:27:14 PST 2015

Hi all,

I have seen discussions about connecting a host to several (different)
switches but is there a way to connect a host to the same switch using
several different NICs?
Meaning if I have the host h1 and the switch s1 can I create several links
between them? using the addLink command several times sort of "breaks" the
network.

If that is not possible, will creating a layer of switches between s1 and
h1 and connecting h1 to all of those (which in turn be connected to s1)
work?

Thanks in advance,
Asaf