[mininet-discuss] Vendor/Experimenter Message

Bob Lantz rlantz at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Jan 19 15:52:30 PST 2015

If you really want to do this (I would strongly consider alternatives first), you should look at the *source code* and *developer documentation* for the switch you intend to modify as well as the controller that you intend to use, and then make whatever changes you need. For example on the switch side:

OVS source: 	https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs
OVS site: 		http://openvswitch.org

CPqD switch:		https://github.com/CPqD/ofsoftswitch13
CPqD switch site: 	https://cpqd.github.io/ofsoftswitch13/

Both of the above switches are supported by Mininet without modification (installing your own custom switch would replace --switch ovs or --switch user, respectively.)

My best advice though is to *avoid experimenter extensions* and see if you can do what you are trying to do without them!!