[mininet-discuss] [mininet discuss] network performance

Gautam Pathak gpathak523 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 01:01:34 PST 2015

Dear Mininet users,

I am trying to make a comparison of the forwarding plane performance
between  pure SDN network and Legacy network in mininet emulator.

In legacy network the switches are in 'standalone' mode and in SDN network
switches are connected to the controller.

But I do not found any difference between the performances. Even some cases
legacy network performs better than SDN network.

Why is it so? Please suggest me if I am doing any thing wrong.
I have not done anything in the controller simply connect my mininet to the
controller.

thanks,
goutam