[mininet-discuss] Ryu controller + Ofsoftswitch13 + Mininet Topology Integration Issues

Ruchika Luthra h2013111 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
Mon Mar 2 01:08:47 PST 2015

Hello

I tried to create a simple mininet topology using
*sudo mn --topo single,2 --mac --switch user,protocols=OpenFlow13
--controller remote,ip=192.168.56.101*
//Here Controller in consideration is Ryu Controller.

My main aim is to capture the messages exchanged between switch and
controller using wireshark.

At the controller side, I have started
*./bin/ryu-manager ryu/app/simple_switch_12.py*

Now the topology is created and the switch is connected to the controller.
Now When I try to do
h1 ping h2
It states Destination Host unreachable which is fine because there is not
rule in the flow table to direct the traffic. However, I wanted to capture
the ARP Request forwarded by the switch to the controller. In response of
which the flow table was populated by the controller. But here, if I input
the flow table entries using dpctl like this, I am not able to capture the
ARP request message.

*$ sudo dpctl  unix:/tmp/s1 flow-mod table=0,cmd=add in_port=1
apply:output=2*
*$ sudo dpctl  unix:/tmp/s1 flow-mod table=0,cmd=add in_port=2
apply:output=1*

Can you please help me know, what am I doing wrong in this?

Also at the controller side, when using verbose I got the following error
about the version mismatch of openflow.
[image: Inline image 1]

Thank you

--