[mininet-discuss] Mininet Custom Topology Creation with ofsoftswitch13

Chandra Satriana satrianachandra at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 12:47:34 PST 2015

Hi,

Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 12:00:46 +0100
> From: Ruchika Luthra <h2013111 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in>
> To: mininet-discuss at lists.stanford.edu
> Subject: [mininet-discuss] Mininet Custom Topology Creation with
>         ofsoftswitch13
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create a custom topology, which is something like this
>
>   s1 --------- s2
>  l     l        l     l
>  h1   h2    h3    h4
>
> I am connecting this custom topology to a remote controller, here Ryu
> controller in consideration.
> The python script written to create this topo is given below.
>
> *#!/usr/bin/python*
>
> *from mininet.net <http://mininet.net> import Mininet*
> *from mininet.node import Controller, RemoteController*
> *from mininet.cli import CLI*
> *from mininet.log import setLogLevel, info*
>
> *def customNet():*
>
> *    net = Mininet(controller=RemoteController)*
>
> *    c1 = net.addController('c1', controller=RemoteController,
> ip="192.168.56.101", port=6633)*
>
> *    h1 = net.addHost( 'h1', ip='10.0.0.1' )*
> *    h2 = net.addHost( 'h2', ip='10.0.0.2' )*
> *    h3 = net.addHost( 'h3', ip='10.0.0.3' )*
> *    h4 = net.addHost( 'h4', ip='10.0.0.4' )*
>
> *    s1 = net.addSwitch( 's1' )*
> *    s2 = net.addSwitch( 's2' )*
>
> *    s1.linkTo( h1 )*
> *    s1.linkTo( h2 )*
> *    s2.linkTo( h3 )*
> *    s2.linkTo( h4 )*
> *    s1.linkTo( s2 )*
>
> *    net.build()*
> *    c1.start()*
> *    s1.start([c1])*
> *    s2.start([c1])*
>
> *    CLI( net )*
> *    net.stop()*
>
> *if __name__ == '__main__':*
> *    setLogLevel( 'info' )*
> *    customNet()*
>

> My main concern is that I want to use OfSoftSwitch13 in this custom
> topology instead of OVS, so while executing this I used
>

> *sudo mn --switch user,protocols=OpenFlow13 --controller
> remote,ip=192.168.56.101 --custom customNet.py*
>
> But this leads to the creation of a bsic topology like this
> [image: Inline image 1]
>
> Please help me know the reason for this. And what should I do to have
> OfSoftswitch13 instead of OVS. What am I doing wrong in this?

Actually you can just execute the customNet.py directly, something like: $
sudo python customNet.py

To use the OfSoftSwitch13, firstly make sure that it's already installed by
checking with: $ ofdatapath -V . Where it should print ofdatapath 1.3.0

Then to use, you can specify it when adding the switch:
s1 = net.addSwitch( 's1' , cls=UserSwitch)

Thanks