[mininet-discuss] Custom Topo in mininet + Switch in different subnet + Ryu rest_router.py

Ruchika Luthra h2013111 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
Thu Mar 5 01:24:59 PST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to create a mininet topology which looks like
       c0

s1---s3---s2
|  |          |   |
h1 h2     h3 h4
where the IP address assigned to h1 and h2 are 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.2
respectively. and the IP address assigned to h3 and h4 are 192.168.30.10
and 192.168.30.11
The switch in consideration is User Switch OfSoftswitch13
The controller in consideration is Ryu Controller.
At the controller side, I am trying to experiment with rest_router.py
But after successfully creating this topology and connecting it to the Ryu
controller, I am not able to ping from any host to any other host.
[image: Inline image 1]
At the controller Side
[image: Inline image 2]
My main aim is that the switch s3 should act as a router  and the hosts
should be able to ping each other without me having to explicitly fill in
the flow table.
Please help me know what am I doing wrong.

--
Ruchika Luthra
M.E (CS) 4th Sem