[mininet-discuss] Node names in xterm, multiple Mininet CLIs

Tomer Godinger tomergod at post.bgu.ac.il
Thu Mar 5 03:52:02 PST 2015

Thanks for the ideas.
I hadn't thought of adding them to the hosts file.
It would indeed be a solution, but I'd rather use Mininet's Python API -
but how do I invoke a Mininet Python command / script from an xterm?
In other words, I have no problem writing a script that would do what I
need, but for that I need the 'net' variable that the running Mininet has.
And when I open an xterm window, I get the standard bash shell on the host,
and not the Mininet CLI.
Alternatively, if I run a script from within the Mininet CLI, I'd be able
to use the 'net' variable, but then the script would run from within the
terminal on which the Mininet CLI is running, and not on another xterm.

I'm currently trying to look into how xterms windows are created in
Mininet, hoping that I'd be able to figure out how to open them myself in a
Python script.
Any information on the subject would be appreciated.

Thanks again,
Tomer Godinger.