[mininet-discuss] IP loadbalancing error

Murphy McCauley murphy.mccauley at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 14:50:50 PST 2015

Since this is a POX issue and not a Mininet one, you might have considered posting it on the pox-dev mailing list instead.

As for your problem...

The version of POX you're running appears to be from before June 2012.
arp_responder was introduced to POX in October of 2012.
ip_loadbalancer was introduced to POX in May of 2013.

The version of ip_loadbalancer you've attached is a modified version of one from POX sometime before August 2013.  This appears to have simply been dropped into the old version of POX you're using.  Since it relies on arp_responder, which didn't exist before the middle of 2012, there's your problem.  You could also try copying arp_responder from a newer version of POX into your relatively ancient one, but you may still run into problems since changes (and improvements) have been made over the years.  If it were me, I'd just start with a new version of POX and apply the relatively minor changes that have been made to the ip_loadbalancer you've attached to the current version.

-- Murphy