[mininet-discuss] Question about MiniNet and IPv6

Bob Lantz rlantz at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 11 16:32:43 PDT 2015

You don't seem to have a specific question, but I recommend trying to figure out what problem you're actually trying to solve, and then trying to gain a good understanding of the capabilities of OpenFlow. You should almost certainly carefully read and analyze the OpenFlow specification and related literature (e.g. HotSDN papers) and work through some OpenFlow and SDN tutorials. Regarding Mininet, you will certainly want to look at docs.mininet.org as well as https://reproducingnetworkresearch.wordpress.com.

I'm sure your professors and advisors can give you some good suggestions as to how to get started doing research in this area.

p.s. You shouldn't have trouble since you installed into your own Ubuntu server, but I should note that in the standard Mininet VM that we ship I believe that IPv6 is disabled via kernel boot parameters (see /etc/default/grub.)