[mininet-discuss] How to request OpenFlow counters

Chiara Contoli chiara.contoli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 07:40:21 PDT 2015

Hi Sballesterm and Minent community,
there are several ways to do it, all depending your needs. For example, you can use your Controller to do it, by sending the proper message to the switch/es, asking for port statistics; of course, in this case you will need to handle the proper event raised on Controller side once you get the reply by the switch/es. If you choose this way and you are using POX controller, here you can find very useful information https://openflow.stanford.edu/display/ONL/POX+Wiki . If you are using another Controller, I guess you are able to adopt a similar approach and use an equivalent API provided by your Controller.

Best regards,

Chiara Contoli