[mininet-discuss] Read Packets Payload Using Controller

Bob Lantz rlantz at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 25 20:04:22 PDT 2015

Might I suggest reading the OpenFlow spec to discern what OpenFlow can and cannot do?

If that’s not obvious enough, you may consider sending certain packets in their entirety to the controller (watch out for saturating that channel though), redirecting them in the data plane, or using the CPU port of the switch. Or you may simply want to create a virtual middlebox which isn’t an OpenFlow switch at all, which is easy to do in a Node (just write a program that reads and writes the raw sockets) or via tun/tap. You might also see what you can do with Click.

Usually the approach to decrypting https/tls in experiments is to simply to use the private key (this also allows you to use tools like tcpdump or wireshark and to see encrypted content.)