[mininet-discuss] [help] Switch Disconnect Automatically

Rod N. Melton rnm at pobox.com
Wed May 6 14:44:54 PDT 2015

the times where i have seen this 'immediate disconnect' problem it has
been because the controller and switch

were trying to use different versions of OpenFlow. You should be able to
capture the openflow messages in

wireshark and see the OpenFlow version bits in the message from the
switch and the hello message from the controller.

Even though your new Floodlight supports 1.3, does it require a special
startup flag to cause it to offer 1.3 in the

initial hello message?

if you try starting mininet with OF 1.0 switches, do the switches
connect correctly to the controller?

Rod

On 2015-05-06 16:02, Qing Wang wrote:

> Hey there,
>
> I just start to use mininet. My goal is probably simple: I try to build a simple topology and use a controller to install flows onto the switch.
>
> I use the latest Floodlight controller V1.1, which support OpenFlow 1.3 and was just announced couple days ago.
>
> And my mininet version is 2.2.1, which should also support OF 1.3, based on my reading.
>
> I want to just use the default topology in mininet, just to make the life easy. Here is my mininet commands:
>
> sudo mn --controller=remote,ip=127.0.0.1,port=6653 --switch=ovsk,protocols=OpenFlow13
>
> The problem is: Floodlight first see a new switch, but the switch immediately disconnected after that. No DPID or other information was caught.
> Flooglight Log:
> 14:29:42.213 INFO [n.f.c.i.OFChannelHandler:New I/O worker #19] New switch connection from /127.0.0.1:43497 [1]
> 14:29:42.233 INFO [n.f.c.i.OFChannelHandler:New I/O worker #19] [[? from 127.0.0.1:43497 [1]]] Disconnected connection
>
> I tried couple things but nothing seems working by far. I read though some documents online, it looks to me that in the previously version Floodlight and Mininet the steps I listed above is all I need, at least to detect the connected switches. I am not sure if the problem is on Floodlight side or the Mininet Side though. But I feel it is more possibly I made something wrong in my Mininet Configuration.
>
> I will keep poking around latter( I need to do something else now), but I wonder if some people have seen the same or similar problem before. Thanks in advance!!

Links:
------
[1] http://127.0.0.1:43497/