[mininet-discuss] Simulation IPv6 network

Bob Lantz rlantz at cs.stanford.edu
Mon May 11 19:50:57 PDT 2015

Sorry I didn’t respond earlier, but for some reason icloud decided every message to mininet-discuss was junk mail! (I did get a lot of work done though.)

So, IPv6:

1. You need to make sure it’s enabled in your VM (it’s disabled in the Mininet VM by default.)
2. You need to make sure it works with your switches
3. Hosts can be configured by sending ifconfig or ip link commands (you can also hack IPv6 addresses into the topology using ‘add inet6 …’ but that will be unnecessary in the future)
4. Ethernet bridges don’t care which version of IP you’re using - should just work.
5. If you want to use OpenFlow to match IPv6 addresses, make sure your OpenFlow switches and controller support doing so.

You’re a bit on your own here, but I’d be interested in hearing back if you are successful!