Search Mailing List Archives
[mininet-discuss] Simulation IPv6 network
rlantz at cs.stanford.edu
Mon May 11 19:50:57 PDT 2015
Sorry I didn’t respond earlier, but for some reason icloud decided every message to mininet-discuss was junk mail! (I did get a lot of work done though.)
1. You need to make sure it’s enabled in your VM (it’s disabled in the Mininet VM by default.)
2. You need to make sure it works with your switches
3. Hosts can be configured by sending ifconfig or ip link commands (you can also hack IPv6 addresses into the topology using ‘add inet6 …’ but that will be unnecessary in the future)
4. Ethernet bridges don’t care which version of IP you’re using - should just work.
5. If you want to use OpenFlow to match IPv6 addresses, make sure your OpenFlow switches and controller support doing so.
You’re a bit on your own here, but I’d be interested in hearing back if you are successful!
On Apr 17, 2015, at 6:07 AM, Bryan Valencia <bryan.valencia at ucp.edu.co> wrote:
> Thank you for your help.
> I installed MiniNet and a set of additional elements like NOX13 controller and ofsoftswitch13 to work with OpenFlow 1.3.
> I've tested with WireShark and is effectively working with OpenFlow 1.3. I did this because I know only from OpenFlow 1.2 versions work with IPv6.
> How I can configure all network elements (host, switch, controller) to work with IPv6?
> Bryan Valencia Suárez
> Estudiante de Ingeniería de Sistemas y Telecomunicaciones
> Cel: 312 709 1360
> Universidad Católica de Pereira
> mininet-discuss mailing list
> mininet-discuss at lists.stanford.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mininet-discuss