[mininet-discuss] controller/deterministic packet loss

Zhu XiaoXi zxx313 at stanford.edu
Sun May 17 10:06:09 PDT 2015

Hi there,

I was trying to verify some TCP recovery mechanism using mininet.
I know that we can set link loss rate easily in mininet. However, I want to generate lossy traffic in a deterministic pattern - say drop the first 5 packets for every 100 packets. Can anybody advice how this can be achieved?

BTW, the topology is simple - two hosts connected via a switch. I was thinking if I could configure the switch to do the dropping.

Thanks & Regards,
ZXX