[mininet-discuss] Mininet - Make host act as a switch

Bob Lantz rlantz at cs.stanford.edu
Thu May 28 19:47:42 PDT 2015

0. If you’re running quagga, you don’t need or want OVS - you just need IP forwarding enabled.
1. *You don’t need a private dir* - you can simply pass a config file to quagga; we’ve done this for years.
2. However, Mininet supports private directories (e.g. privateDirs=[‘/some/dir’]).
3. If you look at LinuxRouter (in examples/), it shows how you can just turn on IP forwarding to get a simple router.
4. In the future, we’ll probably just add a QuaggaRouter you can use.