[mininet-discuss] Setting mininet switch IP address

Tomasz Osiński t.osinski0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 10:31:49 PDT 2015

Hi everybody,

I've already started developing SDN applications and I have a problem about
mininet configuration. For my project purposes, I need to send a HTTP
request to the switch, which is directly connected with mininet host. To do
this, I have to assign IP address to mininet switch, I suppose. How can I
do that? I tried with ifconfig("s1 ifconfig s1 10.0.1.7 netmask 255.255.0.0
up") but i got 'no such device' error. Is it possible, at all?

Regards,
Tomek