[mininet-discuss] Link Down for Specific Port of Switch

Abdullah Aydeger aayde001 at fiu.edu
Fri Oct 16 15:44:33 PDT 2015

Hello Seyyed,

I actually could create two links between two switches with two different
ports as follow:

import mininet.ns3
from mininet.ns3 import WIFIBridgeLink, WIFISegment
import ns.wifi

net = Mininet( controller = partial(RemoteController, ip=YOURCONTROLLERIP,
port = YOURPORT))
net.addSwitch('s1')
net.addSwitch('s2')

net.addLink(s1,s2)
wifi = WIFISegment(standard = ns.wifi.WIFI_PHY_STANDARD_80211A)
WIFIBridgeLink(s1,s2)

Wifi connection is done by ns3. Mininet-ns3 integration project:
https://github.com/mininet/mininet/wiki/Link-modeling-using-ns-3

To kill the port I do from command line:
sudo ovs-vsctl del-port s1 s1-eth1
sudo ovs-vsctl del-port s2 s2-eth1

I think that is a nice way to do it, if I'm not mistaken?

GSM: +1 7864772040
Web-address: http://www.aydeger.com <http://web.itu.edu.tr/%7Eaydeger>