[mininet-discuss] Maintain environment variables when SSHing between nodes

Vince Lehman (vslehman) vslehman at memphis.edu
Thu Oct 29 08:11:14 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I am running sshd on each host in my Mininet topology and am trying to SSH into a node from another node and execute a command. I used this example to run sshd on each host (https://github.com/mininet/mininet/blob/master/examples/sshd.py).

Currently, each node is configured with environment variables and privateDirs unique to itself. If I issue commands through the Mininet CLI, the commands respect these configured environment variables and privateDirs. But, If I SSH into a node and issue a command, these environment variables and privateDirs are not set; I assume the login sources the user’s default environment variables.

Is there anyway to maintain the environment variables and privateDirs configured in Mininet when SSHing into a node in Mininet?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide.