[mininet-discuss] Is traffic passing on the fake link

Ali Student suleman at siswa.um.edu.my
Fri Apr 8 23:33:40 PDT 2016

Hi All

I am doing an experiment to create a fake link in the network topology in
the Openday Light First version controller. I have created a fake link as
steps shown in the video. The link is provided below. Now i what to confirm
that after creating a fake link. If i attach a host to the newly inserted
switch and start ping other two host. So it does not ping. I have restart
the controller as well.

In short, First, I traffic pass through fake link as created in this video.
Second, If i create a dynamic link through command "py net.addLink(s2, s3)"
it does not appear in the GUI mode as well traffic also not forward on it.

http://goo.gl/zRG8bz.

Please, guide be for the above mentioned problems.

Thanks
Suleman Khan