[mininet-discuss] What are the differences between each of these switch (ovsk, ovsbr, ovs, user)?

Yanko Marín Muro yanko.marin at etecsa.cu
Tue Apr 12 09:23:05 PDT 2016

Hello,

when we run MiniNet by the command line we can select various types of
switch.

sudo mn --topo linear,5 --mac --switch ovsk --controller ref

sudo mn --topo linear,5 --mac --switch ovsbr --controller ref

sudo mn --topo linear,5 --mac --switch ovs --controller ref

sudo mn --topo linear,5 --mac --switch user --controller ref

What are the differences between each of these switch (ovsk, ovsbr, ovs,
user)?

When we use the switch ovsbr we can not see OpenFlow messages. Ovsbr is a
traditional  switch?.

We can use the ovsbr and ovsk to compare the behavior of traditional and SDN
network.?

Thanks in advance.

Yanko Antonio Marin Muro.