[mininet-discuss] Problem with a n host, zero switch topology in mininet

Pavel Chuprikov pschuprikov at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 13:54:32 PDT 2016

Hello, Martin!

Of course it's possible, you just need to setup IPs in the right way, e.g:
h1 |- 10.0.0.1/24 --- 10.0.0.2/24 -| h2 |- 10.0.1.1/24 ---- 10.0.1.2/24 -|
h3

>From h2 you can easily ping both hosts:

   - ping 10.0.0.1
   - ping 10.0.1.2

The reason, why it didn't work with your setup is that mininet assigns
default ip address (which is 10.0.0.x for hostname hx) only to the first
interface on the node. So IPs are OK only for h1 and h2. You can add *from
mininet.cli import CLI *and then *CLI(net) *instead of *net.pingAll()*, and
then check ips manually with *h2 ip addr*.

Regards,
Pavel