[mininet-discuss] Upgrade OVS

Danushka Menikkumbura danushka.menikkumbura at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 00:31:30 PDT 2016

Hi,

I need to make some changes to OVS and use it with Mininet for some
research work that I am currently doing. I'm using Mininet 2.2.1 (on Ubuntu
14.04 LTS), which includes OVS 2.0.2. I tried to installed the same version
of OVS from source but I get the following error when I try to configure
the source. I do see the kernel version of this Mininet image is
3.13.0-24-generic though.

configure: error: Linux kernel in /lib/modules/3.13.0-24-generic/build is
version 3.13.9, but version newer than 3.10.x is not supported.

Furthermore I follow [1] for this upgrade.

Please shed some light on this.

[1]
https://github.com/mininet/mininet/wiki/Installing-new-version-of-Open-vSwitch

Thanks,