[mininet-discuss] Stopping a network remotely

Richard Mayers richard.mayers92 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 05:41:13 PDT 2016

Hi folks,

I have a mininet network and I want to be able to stop it remotely
sending a command through sockets to the process that created the
topology.

The program is hanged in :

CLI(net)

Which can catch KeyboardInterrupts to stop the network. I also have a
thread that listens for commands and it stops the network doing
net.stop(). However the CLI() will block the program. Howe can I make
CLI stop without modifying the source code ?

Kind regards,
Richard