[mininet-discuss] Some Advices for everyone new to SDN

‪Majid Taleqani‬ ‪ majid.taleqani at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 12 02:08:03 PDT 2016

Hi jaafar

in order to learn how to work with mininet first of all you need to choose a controller. i guess the best controller for everyone new to SDN is POX.i recommend you download mininet vm image rather than installing it by yourself.
the best source to learn POX controller is through its documentation. https://openflow.stanford.edu/display/ONL/POX+Wikiif you are new to SDN and feel you have some misunderstandings about SDN, i recommend you watch Nick Feamster Coursera course about SDN.
the best way to learn SDN is through Practicing. if you watch Nick Feamster SDN course, there is a project at the end of each section, try to do them to get familiar with mininet & SDN & POX.
another good documentation about mininet is Mininet Walkthrough: Mininet Walkthrough - Mininet
|   |
| Mininet Walkthrough - MininetMininet Walkthrough This walkthrough demonstrates most Mininet commands, as well as its typical usage in concert with the Wireshark dissector. The … |
|  |
| View on mininet.org | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

hope i could help you with my explanation