[mininet-discuss] eth1 has no Ip address

Pablo M. Guevara pablomguevara at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 04:52:33 PDT 2016

Jaafar,

Did you check this page?
https://github.com/mininet/openflow-tutorial/wiki/VirtualBox-specific-Instructions

How are eth0 and eth1 configured on VBox?Bridged? NAT? Host only?

if you are ussing the Ubuntu VM, you can configure you interfaces here

$ cat /etc/network/interfaces

# Loopback
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# eth0 example static addressing,auto enable interface at boot time
iface eth0 inet static
up ifconfig eth0 up
address 192.168.1.1
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.1.254
dns-nameservers 192.168.1.254 8.8.8.8
dns-search example.com

# eth1 example dynamic, auto enable interface at boot time
auto eth1
iface eth1 inet dhcp

Thanks

Pablo

On 26/07/16 08:26, Jaafar Rasheed wrote:
> Inline image
> Inline image
> When I use the command (ifconfig -a or ifconfig eth1) there is no IP
> address appear..
> there is is no IP address associated with eth0 and eth1... how can I
> fixed this? what is the needed config in virtual box network adapters
> setting?

Pablo M. Guevara
pablomguevara at gmail.com