[mininet-discuss] How to change source code and Openswitch version?

Bob Lantz rlantz at cs.stanford.edu
Sat Jul 1 15:49:22 PDT 2017

Usually you shouldn't need to change the Mininet source code at all - just subclass it!!

Also, assertions are there for a reason!! They indicate conditions that should never occur - in your example, invoking a non-reentrant API from multiple threads (as I noted, it's not a sensible thing for multiple threads to send commands to a single shell process - that's not the way bash works!!)

The build directory is for the easy_install/setup.py packaging, but most of the time you shouldn't have to worry about it.

If you absolutely need to change the Mininet code (for example to prepare a bug fix or pull request) you can use "make develop" to link the source tree into the Python library directories so you can use it live without having to install it (which you can also do using "make install" assuming all of the prereqs are installed.)