Search Mailing List Archives


Limit search to: Subject & Body Subject Author
Sort by: Reverse Sort
Limit to: All This Week Last Week This Month Last Month
Select Date Range     through    

[mininet-discuss] Wireshark doesn't see OpenFlow packets

Joshua Holt joshholt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 12:37:52 PDT 2017


Nicholas,

Can you confirm that you are running Wireshark from the Mininet VM itself
via X-Forwarding (and not running Wireshark on your host machine). I ran a
Mininet VM installation just this week and had no issues seeing OpenFlow
packets.

https://github.com/mininet/mininet/wiki/FAQ#x11-forwarding

If you're already doing this, unfortunately that exceeds my troubleshooting
capability :)


On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 1:44 PM, <mininet-discuss-request at lists.stanford.edu>
wrote:

> Send mininet-discuss mailing list submissions to
>         mininet-discuss at lists.stanford.edu
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>         https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/mininet-discuss
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>         mininet-discuss-request at lists.stanford.edu
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>         mininet-discuss-owner at lists.stanford.edu
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of mininet-discuss digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: Wireshark doesn't see OpenFlow packets (Nicholas Brasini)
>    2. Re: Wireshark doesn't see OpenFlow packets (rahul hada)
>    3. Re: Wireshark doesn't see OpenFlow packets (Nicholas Brasini)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 17:21:51 +0000
> From: Nicholas Brasini <colas95 at hotmail.it>
> To: rahul hada <hada.rahul at gmail.com>
> Cc: "mininet-discuss at lists.stanford.edu"
>         <mininet-discuss at lists.stanford.edu>
> Subject: Re: [mininet-discuss] Wireshark doesn't see OpenFlow packets
> Message-ID:
>         <AM4PR0601MB20491CCBC891750368957DDACDAA0 at AM4PR0601MB2049.
> eurprd06.prod.outlook.com>
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Why?
>
> Inviato da iPhone
>
> Il giorno 07/lug/2017, alle ore 19:21, "rahul hada" <hada.rahul at gmail.com
> <mailto:hada.rahul at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
> Start wireshark before initiate the mininet session.
>
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 10:48 PM, Nicholas Brasini <colas95 at hotmail.it
> <mailto:colas95 at hotmail.it>> wrote:
> It doesn't work :( I see only TCP and ICMP (ping) Packets.
>
> Inviato da iPhone
>
> Il giorno 07/lug/2017, alle ore 19:17, "rahul hada" <hada.rahul at gmail.com
> <mailto:hada.rahul at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
> Try with openflow_v1.
>
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 10:44 PM, Nicholas Brasini <colas95 at hotmail.it
> <mailto:colas95 at hotmail.it>> wrote:
> Hi Raul, in this version of Wireshark I filter with 'of'. If I update, I
> sue the filter 'openflow_v4' but I don't see any packets.
>
> Inviato da iPhone
>
> Il giorno 07/lug/2017, alle ore 19:09, "rahul hada" <hada.rahul at gmail.com
> <mailto:hada.rahul at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
> Hi Nicholas,
>
> You can filter the openflow messages in wireshark using openfllow_v4 (if
> you are using OpenFlow 1.3) and openflow_v1 (if you are using OpenFlow 1.0).
>
> With Best Regards,
>
> Rahul Hada
>
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 9:04 PM, Nicholas Brasini <colas95 at hotmail.it
> <mailto:colas95 at hotmail.it>> wrote:
>
> Hi, I have a problem with Mininet. In this day I have installed Mininet
> and I run it with VirtualBox. I created the simplest topology (two host, h1
> and h2, one controller, c0, and one switch, s1), When I run Wireshark, I
> chose the lo (loopback interface) and filter OF (open flow packets) but I
> don't see any packet with protocol OpenFlow. Why? My Wireshark has
> openflow.lua plugin but I don't see any open flow packet. Thanks.
>
>
> Nicholas
>
> _______________________________________________
> mininet-discuss mailing list
> mininet-discuss at lists.stanford.edu<mailto:mininet-
> discuss at lists.stanford.edu>
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/mininet-discuss
>
>
>
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/mininet-discuss/
> attachments/20170707/a5fdf59b/attachment-0001.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 22:53:10 +0530
> From: rahul hada <hada.rahul at gmail.com>
> To: Nicholas Brasini <colas95 at hotmail.it>
> Cc: "mininet-discuss at lists.stanford.edu"
>         <mininet-discuss at lists.stanford.edu>
> Subject: Re: [mininet-discuss] Wireshark doesn't see OpenFlow packets
> Message-ID:
>         <CAAL+AfpN4opAEHDM+bdnjGafU6d2o4P12i2Qeb0mafndivN
> jdA at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Try this, I think then you can easily come to know the reason :)
>
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 10:51 PM, Nicholas Brasini <colas95 at hotmail.it>
> wrote:
>
> > Why?
> >
> > Inviato da iPhone
> >
> > Il giorno 07/lug/2017, alle ore 19:21, "rahul hada" <
> hada.rahul at gmail.com>
> > ha scritto:
> >
> > Start wireshark before initiate the mininet session.
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 10:48 PM, Nicholas Brasini <colas95 at hotmail.it>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> It doesn't work :( I see only TCP and ICMP (ping) Packets.
> >>
> >> Inviato da iPhone
> >>
> >> Il giorno 07/lug/2017, alle ore 19:17, "rahul hada" <
> hada.rahul at gmail.com>
> >> ha scritto:
> >>
> >> Try with openflow_v1.
> >>
> >> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 10:44 PM, Nicholas Brasini <colas95 at hotmail.it>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Hi Raul, in this version of Wireshark I filter with 'of'. If I update,
> I
> >>> sue the filter 'openflow_v4' but I don't see any packets.
> >>>
> >>> Inviato da iPhone
> >>>
> >>> Il giorno 07/lug/2017, alle ore 19:09, "rahul hada" <
> >>> hada.rahul at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> >>>
> >>> Hi Nicholas,
> >>>
> >>> You can filter the openflow messages in wireshark using openfllow_v4
> (if
> >>> you are using OpenFlow 1.3) and openflow_v1 (if you are using OpenFlow
> 1.0).
> >>>
> >>> With Best Regards,
> >>>
> >>> Rahul Hada
> >>>
> >>> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 9:04 PM, Nicholas Brasini <colas95 at hotmail.it>
> >>> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> Hi, I have a problem with Mininet. In this day I have installed
> Mininet
> >>>> and I run it with VirtualBox. I created the simplest topology (two
> host, h1
> >>>> and h2, one controller, c0, and one switch, s1), When I run
> Wireshark, I
> >>>> chose the lo (loopback interface) and filter OF (open flow packets)
> but I
> >>>> don't see any packet with protocol OpenFlow. Why? My Wireshark has
> >>>> openflow.lua plugin but I don't see any open flow packet. Thanks.
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>> Nicholas
> >>>>
> >>>> _______________________________________________
> >>>> mininet-discuss mailing list
> >>>> mininet-discuss at lists.stanford.edu
> >>>> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/mininet-discuss
> >>>>
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>
> >
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/mininet-discuss/
> attachments/20170707/60ef5be7/attachment-0001.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2017 17:44:20 +0000
> From: Nicholas Brasini <colas95 at hotmail.it>
> To: rahul hada <hada.rahul at gmail.com>
> Cc: "mininet-discuss at lists.stanford.edu"
>         <mininet-discuss at lists.stanford.edu>
> Subject: Re: [mininet-discuss] Wireshark doesn't see OpenFlow packets
> Message-ID:
>         <AM4PR0601MB2049C3D76C74129553989B6ECDAA0 at AM4PR0601MB2049.
> eurprd06.prod.outlook.com>
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> I can't. First I need to start sudo mn because if I launch Wireshark,
> there aren't Interface to analize
>
> Inviato da iPhone
>
> Il giorno 07/lug/2017, alle ore 19:23, "rahul hada" <hada.rahul at gmail.com
> <mailto:hada.rahul at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
> Try this, I think then you can easily come to know the reason :)
>
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 10:51 PM, Nicholas Brasini <colas95 at hotmail.it
> <mailto:colas95 at hotmail.it>> wrote:
> Why?
>
> Inviato da iPhone
>
> Il giorno 07/lug/2017, alle ore 19:21, "rahul hada" <hada.rahul at gmail.com
> <mailto:hada.rahul at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
> Start wireshark before initiate the mininet session.
>
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 10:48 PM, Nicholas Brasini <colas95 at hotmail.it
> <mailto:colas95 at hotmail.it>> wrote:
> It doesn't work :( I see only TCP and ICMP (ping) Packets.
>
> Inviato da iPhone
>
> Il giorno 07/lug/2017, alle ore 19:17, "rahul hada" <hada.rahul at gmail.com
> <mailto:hada.rahul at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
> Try with openflow_v1.
>
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 10:44 PM, Nicholas Brasini <colas95 at hotmail.it
> <mailto:colas95 at hotmail.it>> wrote:
> Hi Raul, in this version of Wireshark I filter with 'of'. If I update, I
> sue the filter 'openflow_v4' but I don't see any packets.
>
> Inviato da iPhone
>
> Il giorno 07/lug/2017, alle ore 19:09, "rahul hada" <hada.rahul at gmail.com
> <mailto:hada.rahul at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
>
> Hi Nicholas,
>
> You can filter the openflow messages in wireshark using openfllow_v4 (if
> you are using OpenFlow 1.3) and openflow_v1 (if you are using OpenFlow 1.0).
>
> With Best Regards,
>
> Rahul Hada
>
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 9:04 PM, Nicholas Brasini <colas95 at hotmail.it
> <mailto:colas95 at hotmail.it>> wrote:
>
> Hi, I have a problem with Mininet. In this day I have installed Mininet
> and I run it with VirtualBox. I created the simplest topology (two host, h1
> and h2, one controller, c0, and one switch, s1), When I run Wireshark, I
> chose the lo (loopback interface) and filter OF (open flow packets) but I
> don't see any packet with protocol OpenFlow. Why? My Wireshark has
> openflow.lua plugin but I don't see any open flow packet. Thanks.
>
>
> Nicholas
>
> _______________________________________________
> mininet-discuss mailing list
> mininet-discuss at lists.stanford.edu<mailto:mininet-
> discuss at lists.stanford.edu>
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/mininet-discuss
>
>
>
>
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/mininet-discuss/
> attachments/20170707/da68e17e/attachment.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> mininet-discuss mailing list
> mininet-discuss at lists.stanford.edu
> https://mailman.stanford.edu/mailman/listinfo/mininet-discuss
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of mininet-discuss Digest, Vol 89, Issue 9
> **********************************************
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.stanford.edu/pipermail/mininet-discuss/attachments/20170707/76597c0c/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the mininet-discuss mailing list