[mininet-discuss] In-band or Out-of-band Control among Switches and Controller

Blue Lang blue at veracity.io
Sun Jul 23 13:52:10 PDT 2017

Both.. or neither. All of the traffic in the default configuration is
sharing a host, and it's all virtualized. I would call the default behavior
"out of band" since every switch connects "directly" (virtually) to a
controller, but all traffic is competing for the same resources. Someone
has written a tutorial on various considerations with creating an in-band
mininet topology.

https://techandtrains.com/2013/10/05/in-band-controller-with-mininet-part-2/

As always, google is the best place to start.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mininet+in-band&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS736US737&oq=mininet+in-band

On Sun, Jul 23, 2017 at 7:40 AM, victoria huang <gy.victoria.huang at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am trying to conduct SDN experiments using Mininet. I wonder whether the
> communication between controllers and switches is in-band control or
> out-of-band control by default setting in Mininet.
>
> Cheers,
> Victoria

Blue Lang
PM *| *Veracity