[mininet-discuss] How to let the switch drop a certain packet?

Blue Lang blue at veracity.io
Wed Jul 26 11:56:44 PDT 2017

I guess you could copy every packet to the controller and send individual
rules to allow or drop based on a counter. This would be exceptionally slow
and strange. What are you trying to accomplish? If I were trying to use
openflow to simulate congestion, I'd probably set up some traffic and have
the controller randomly drop packets every few seconds or milliseconds.

Thanks,

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Zhenyu Zhou <zzy at cs.duke.edu> wrote:

> Hello world,
>
> I want to drop packets according to its relative position within a flow
> (could be defined by 5 tuples). For example, the switch would always drop
> the third packet of a flow. Are there any easy ways to achieve this?
> (Hacking OVS could be a choice but it might be too heavy weight....)
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Best Regards!
>
> Zhou, Zhenyu

Blue Lang