[mininet-discuss] Soft-RoCE on mininet

Suraj Gour suraj_gour at persistent.com
Fri Aug 17 01:20:44 PDT 2018

Hi Team,

On two mininet VMs (on virtual box), I am able to run RDMA client and server and can also send traffic using rping tool. (Using link :- https://community.mellanox.com/docs/DOC-2184)

Issue -

I have created 1switch 1 host topology on either VMs and connected both switch using GRE tunnel. (Host 1 can ping Host2 and also Host2 can ping Host1).

Now, I would like to make Host1 as RDMA Server and Host2 as RDMA Client, but whenever trying to couple veth with rxe device getting the error "sh: echo: I/O error".

Can you please suggest how to simulate RDMA traffic or Soft-RoCE on mininet topology.

Thanks,
Suraj Gour
DISCLAIMER