[mininet-discuss] Forceing (Packet-In) to send instructions to a specific switch

Soliman Awad Alshra´a Abdullah TU Ilmenau Abdullah.Alshraa at tu-ilmenau.de
Tue May 8 09:31:10 PDT 2018

Hello,

Actually , I have 2 controllers and 4 switches. Each switch has 2 hosts except switch 4.

the switches 1, 2 and 3 connected to Controller 1
and the switch 4 connected to Controller 2.

           C1                                                  C2

      /      |        \                                            |
     S1---S2 ---- S3 --------------------------- S4
     / \        /\        /\
   h1 h2  h3 h4  h5 h6

For example, when h1 sends ping to h6, Switch S1 will send enquiry To its Controller, but I need  the inquiry to pass through C2 (to do something), thereafter I need the enquiry to go to C1. In the end, C1 sends the entry to S1.

My problem is how to send the same inquiry from C2 to C1 correctly or I think to create a new function which receives a special array or dictionary, but some data is not supported to transfer from application to another in python (pickle or Jeson) such as Msg.buffer_id or ofproto.

Or how to force C1 to install data entry into a specific switch without any request form the switch.

I look forward to hearing your advice

Best Regards
A.Soliman

M.Sc Abdullah Soliman Alshra'a
Technische Universität Ilmenau
Fakultät für Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik
Fachgebiet Kommunikationsnetze
Besucheradresse
Helmholtzplatz 2
98693 Ilmenau