[multilingual-dh] ADHO SIG proposal

Quinn Dombrowski qad at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 1 20:53:57 PDT 2019

Dear all,

This week I submitted our workshop proposal as the GO::DH workshop contribution. To be honest, they asked for no details whatsoever (including the title) — just how long it’ll be — so we’ve still got time to revise that or add other co-organizers, if anyone is interested. The current description of the workshop is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtdM6YhltECPh1_91ic32ZN9yTqEjxbYyN4lkhnuf0A/edit

I’ve also reworked a lot of the text we put together for the forum and the workshop for a first draft of a proposal for a “Multilingual DH” special interest group (SIG) for ADHO: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K3mbH0uGboEMgl9tQKeWCtGCmWiA1IEZcfX_vVIgbe8/edit?usp=sharing

There’s a lot that could be added (and I’m sure, plenty that could be edited) in this document, and it’d also be great to be able to use it to bring more folks into the group as well. If you have time to take a look in the next week, and make whatever additions and edits you see fit, I’ll plan to send it out more broadly (on Twitter, Humanist, DHSI, GO::DH, etc.) starting November 11th. Let’s aim to incorporate feedback from a larger group by the end of November, and send it to the ADHO CO board for approval at the beginning of December?

Cheers,
Quinn