[multilingual-dh] Facilitators for DH 2020 forum?

Lorella Viola lorellav at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 12 14:25:48 PDT 2019

Thanks Quinn! It looks great to me. I put my name down as a facilitator in case an extra person is needed :)
As for text corpora, I created a collection of Italian ethnic newspapers published in the USA between 1898 and 1920. OCR is not great, especially for the earliest issues, but nevertheless I’ve done some pretty good analyses which have yielded interesting results so far. The corpus is called ChroniclItaly and it is available open access here<https://doi.org/10.24416/UU01-T4YMOW>. There is also a second version of the same collection tagged for entities, also open access here<https://doi.org/10.24416/UU01-4MECRO>.

Thank you!

Best wishes,

Lorella.

Dr Lorella Viola
Researcher in Historical Linguistics & Digital Humanities