[multilingual-dh] #MultilingualDH for Day of DH (April 29)

Quinn Dombrowski qad at stanford.edu
Fri Apr 24 06:53:20 PDT 2020

Dear all,

I hope you and your families are well and doing all right under these present circumstances. As you can imagine, with three kids 6-and-under at home now, I haven’t been able to make progress on much of anything for this group recently, and that’s unlikely to change until daycare reopens. I’ve heard talk of the fall, but
retain some hope that it might be sooner. The cancellation of the in-person DH 2020 meeting leaves it unclear whether and how ADHO will meet to decide on things like our Special Interest Group status, but I’ll be making inquiries to try to find out.

In the meantime, I hope you can find a moment on Wednesday to participate in centerNet’s Day of DH event: https://dhcenternet.org/initiatives/day-of-dh/2020, which this year just involves tweeting with the hashtag #DayofDH2020. Feel free to add on #MultilingualDH if you want to tweet in other languages (including talking but not being able to do DH right now because of care or domestic work responsibilities), and I’ll be trying to retweet while juggling things at home. It would be wonderful to see representation from non-English DH work — or at least non-English DHers who can’t do DH work — for what they’re hoping will be an international event.

I’ll be in touch once I know more about the ADHO situation, and in the meantime, hope to see you on Twitter on Wednesday!

Take good care,
Quinn