[multilingual-dh] multilingual-dh Digest, Vol 6, Issue 2

Quinn Dombrowski qad at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 5 10:52:15 PST 2020

Hi Gimena,

Thanks for nudging me to clear this up! What I'm thinking here is a single group that can have some official existence in a couple different places to make use of different benefits. ADHO SIG gets us guaranteed workshop at the conference, DARIAH WG gets us a small amount of funding. Apparently the Geohumanities SIG has already set the precedent for doing this. And, of course, neither ADHO nor DARIAH limits what we can do more broadly, through projects, virtual events, etc that aren't necessarily related to either of those organizations.

Does that help? I'm not totally sure what this will end up looking like in practice but I hope it should give us access to different sets of resources, without much downside.

Cheers,
Quinn