[ncbo-publictalks] NCBO Seminar Series - Meeting Info for Wed., Oct. 22!

Kanel, Shauna Bella skanel at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 17 14:12:29 PDT 2008

Hello,

Please join the NCBO for an online Seminar Series presentation
Wednesday, October 22nd, at 10am PDT.

Below is Information on how to join this week's online meeting and
accompanying teleconference. This week's meeting, LexGrid - Philosophy,
Model and Interfaces, will be presented by Dr. Chris Chute and
Colleagues, Division of Biomedical Informatics, Mayo Clinic. To see the
abstract for this presentation, please visit:
http://www.bioontology.org/videos/LexGrid.html
<http://www.bioontology.org/videos/LexGrid.html> .

Please contact me with any questions at skanel at stanford.edu. More
Information about the series, including the schedule and videos of
previous sessions can be found at
http://www.bioontology.org/seminar_series.html.

We hope to see you there.

Title: "LexGrid - Philosophy, Model and Interfaces"

Abstract: We will discuss the LexGrid terminology model and its
implementation.  We will begin by describing the requirements that led
to the creation of the model, the general principles and approach of the
model, and some of key aspects of the model representation.  We will
then describe one of the implementations of the model, named "LexBIG"
for LexGrid in the Cancer Bioinformatics Grid (caBIG).

Topic: NCBO Seminar Series