[openflow-discuss] OpenFlow Deployment

Basma Khan basma.khan at lums.edu.pk
Thu Dec 1 00:28:21 PST 2011

Thank you for replying Ali. Actually, I want to implement OpenFlow on a small scale in a university campus environment. The scenario is such that I have all the network infrastructure available and the networks department is agreeing to provide me an uplink from their system so that I may use it to build whatever testing network I require.
So, my objective is that I want to use OpenFlow to manipulate the network resources for a few test devices such that e.g. based on some rules which I'll define using ontologies I give more bandwidth to one user and less to another.
Thus, I just want to set up a small test environment to test this.

Please, if you could help me out on this so that I may start procuring equipment for the experiment asap.

Thank you,

Basma