[openflow-discuss] Modify packet fields extremely slow

Aaron Rosen arosen at clemson.edu
Sun Jun 26 12:15:48 PDT 2011

Hi Ben,

But in order to use OVS in this manor I would need a box running OVS
that everyone first sent their traffic to first right?  Is the reason
why OVS can perform a factor of 1000 faster is because the
implementation is better or because the hardware of a commodity PC is
better for this than that of the OF switch that is doing the
modifying? Just curious.

Thanks,

Aaron

--