[openflow-discuss] Reg: Configuring LinkSys wrt router

Simon van der Linden simon.vanderlinden at uclouvain.be
Sat Mar 3 12:59:34 PST 2012

Hello Lakshmi,

On 03/03/12 21:28, Lakshmi Nookala wrote:
>     I have an image file for LinkSys. The tutoriallink
>     <http://www.openflow.org/wk/index.php/OpenFlow_1.0_for_OpenWRT> that
>     I have asks me to load the image to my device and check if
>     everything works.

>     I’m unable to understand, load the image to which device and how?
>     Also how do I check if everything works fine?

I have never used OpenFlow on a WRT, but I guess you have to flash the
WRT with the image provided in the aforementioned tutorial. To flash the
device, you should use a TFTP client to put the image file within 2
seconds after you powered up the device. You must first set the
boot_wait variable in the NVRAM so that it listens for TFTP before booting.

>     Request you to throw some light on this. In case there is any
>     tutorial for doing this, it would be very helpful.

There are quite some links in the tutorial, many of which refer to the
OpenWRT wiki that contains everything you would need to know to install
a custom image on your device.

-- Simon