[openflow-discuss] Floodlight Virtual Machine Image not booting

Irfan Khan khanmohammadirfan at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 21 03:40:20 PDT 2012

Hello,

I downloaded the Virtual Machine Image including mininet and floodlight controller from the link

http://floodlight.openflowhub.org/files/floodlight-vm.zip

but the image is failing to boot on Oracle Virtual box, while booting up gives the message: Virtualbox guru meditation and stucks....

After enabling the processor option (Settings->Systems->Processor): PAE/NX, it stucks again and gives the command prompt: initramfs

I am running oracle virtual box, the latest version, on windows 7, and the virtual machine OS is ubuntu on which I used the pre existing hard disk image which I downloaded i.e. the floodlight-vm.

All other settings I have left as default.

If somebody has faced a similar problem, any idea where lies the problem?

Thanks a lot.

Irfan