[openflow-discuss] connect my pronto switch to openflow contrller

Weiyang Mo wmo at optics.arizona.edu
Wed Mar 21 15:20:40 PDT 2012

Hi,all:

Thanks very much for your advice about installing Pronto.

Now I come to the final steps but get some problems.  I log in to switch configuration panel via broswer. But I have no ideas about how to set OpenFlow Controller IP address and Datapath ID of the switch.

I use OpenFlow tutorial(includes Openflow, NOX, Mininet, Flowvisor,etc) loaded by Virtual Box. Is the controller IP address 192.168.56.102(eth3,host-only network) which is also used as SSH access into OpenFlow?

Now I set following parameters:
ip address for the switch: 192.168.1.1
Netmask for the IP:255.255.255.0
Gateway IP address for the switch:192.168.56.1
System Name:pronto
OpenFlow Controller IP address:192.168.56.102
OpenFlow Controller TCP port:6633
Fail open/close: open
Datapath ID of this switch: ?
Log level:?

What Datapath ID should I set? What Log level means? and what Fail open/close means?

Thanks very much.

Weiyang Mo