[openflow-discuss] [ovs-discuss] Deploying OpenFlow

Aaron Rosen arosen at clemson.edu
Thu Mar 22 14:28:32 PDT 2012

Shouldn't matter if your run linux on top of windows or linux on top of
linux. (Unless you want the underlying host to run the OpenFlow switch to
handle the vm's traffic. For that  you would need the underlying host to be
linux, as far as I know none of the openflow switch implementations support
running on windows).

This would probably be a good link to start out with:

http://www.openflow.org/wk/index.php/OpenFlow_Tutorial

Aaron

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 5:20 PM, harsha natarajan <
harsha.natarajan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
>               I am trying create an OpenFlow network using multiple
> switches.
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to create an OpenFlow network using
> Linux virtual machines (running on Windows). or Do we need to have PC's
> running linux exclusively ?
>
> I am using the following link (
> http://yuba.stanford.edu/foswiki/bin/view/OpenFlow/Deployment/HOWTO/LabSetup#OpenFlow_Switches)
> to create an OpenFlow network using multiple switches Is this the right
> link ?
>
> Thank you,
>

> --
> Regards