[openflow-discuss] [ovs-discuss] Deploying OpenFlow

ibrahim menem ibrahimmun at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:08:42 PDT 2012

Hi,

mininet [1] is great to start with OpenFlow (and even for advanced tests),
another option is to use multiple linux VMs inside your windows host (you will need some extra RAM), tinycore linux would be enough for VMs acting as hosts, and virtualbox has a lot of networking options otherwise I would recommend using linux in all physical hosts.

Regards,

Ibrahim

[1] http://yuba.stanford.edu/foswiki/bin/view/OpenFlow/Mininet