[openflow-discuss] [ovs-discuss] Deploying OpenFlow

Aaron Rosen arosen at clemson.edu
Thu Mar 22 15:15:50 PDT 2012

You can install Open vSwitch inside each linux vm running on top of
windows. Though in this case you end up with each vm logically being
connected to it's own 2 port switch. Whereas if the underlying host ran
Open vSwitch then you could have all of the vms on a physical machine be
part of the same switch. This way is definitely a more practical solution.
Also you could check out mininet as another approach to doing everything
virtually on one machine.

Aaron