[openflow-discuss] What is the "openflow" folder in the openflow tutorial package.

Weiyang Mo wmo at optics.arizona.edu
Fri Mar 23 15:27:02 PDT 2012

Hi all:
I am currently planning to work my NOX controller on my real machine not on the virtual machine. And I am a little bit confused by the OpenFlow_Tutorial.vdi.

In my opinion, this OpenFlow tutorial provides us with multiple softwares and controllers, does it?

In the home directory it contains many folders? I know the use of most of the floders(e.g NOX, Mininet, OpenVswitch, Oflops..). But what the openflow folder  is used for? I am confused with it.

Can I run the NOX controller and Mininet normally in my host without involving the OpenFlow folder?

Thanks very much.

Weiyang Mo