[opensource] Open Source License Resources (help needed!)

Casey Dunn caseyd1 at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 5 22:48:53 PST 2008

Elspeth Simpson White wrote:
> **Hi all,
>
> Here's a description of some of the work Brandy and I have been doing
> regarding open source resources, along with a request for help . . .
Cool, perhaps you can help straighten out this wrinkle.

How do I, as an employee who has already granted my employer all rights
to IP I produce as part of my daily work, freely sign such an
independent document with a 3rd party I may be collaborating with as
part of an open source project?

If my employer has been assigned my rights how do I assign them again?

Why doesn't my employer, Stanford University, simply grant the rights to
those projects?

casey