[opensource] Open Source License Resources (help needed!)

James Jacobs jrjacobs at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 6 11:02:20 PST 2008

This would make an excellent talk at a future opensource meeting. Anyone
  have access to university counsel and Katherine Ku? It'd be great to
have a panel of those 2 plus perhaps someone who's actually working on
an open source project. thoughts?

james

Casey Dunn wrote:
> Michael Gonzalez wrote:
>> Hi Casey,
>> I believe that Stanford has differing policies about rights for staff,
>> faculty, and students. Perhaps a call to the the Licensing Office, re:
>> Katherine Ku might help define some of this questions.
>>
>> Michael
>>

> It's more of a general question for the folks who ...
>
>> We are working to strengthen the Open Source resources available to
>> researchers at Stanford by updating and expanding the University's guide
>> to releasing Open Source projects.
>
> , Michael. If they're already on it good enough.
>
> In our case I was told that I was protected by a wink and a nod.
>
> Casey

James R. Jacobs
International Documents Librarian
Green Library
Stanford University
(650) 725-1030
jrjacobs at stanford.edu
http://jonssonlibrary.stanford.edu
AIM: LibrarianJames Jabber: radlib at jabber.org

Freedom is never given; it is won.
-- A. Philip Randolph in keynote speech given at the Second National
Negro Congress in 1937
Celebrate February as Black History Month!

   (\
  {|||8-
   (/