[opensource] State of Open Source Message: A New Decade For Open Source

Henrik Bennetsen bennetsen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 21:35:21 PST 2008

Interesting read:*

On February 9, 1998, I published the **Open Source Definition and the public
announcement of the **Open Source Initiative that Eric Raymond and I were
starting. This was the first time that the general public heard what **Open
Source was about. Friday, February 8 is the last day of **Decade Zero of
Open Source. Saturday, February 9 is the anniversary of Open Source and the
start of **Decade One. It's a computer scientist thing. We always start
counting from zero :-)*

http://perens.com/works/articles/State8Feb2008/

Would be great to do a workshop with Bruce Perens. Anyone know him?

--
Henrik Bennetsen
Research Director

Wallenberg Hall, 450 Serra Mall
Building 160, Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-2055, USA

bennetsen at gmail.com
Cell: +1 415.418.4042
Office: +1 650.724.5504
Fax:  +1 650.725.0192

--
Metaverse U Conference, Febr. 16th & 17th
http://metaverseu.stanford.edu/