[opensource] State of Open Source Message: A New Decade For Open Source

James Jacobs jrjacobs at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 11 10:17:30 PST 2008

can't say that I know him, but his site says he lives in Berkeley. I'd
be happy to put out some feelers. Perhaps something in March?

James

Henrik Bennetsen wrote:
> Interesting read:/
>
> On February 9, 1998, I published the //Open Source Definition and the
> public announcement of the //Open Source Initiative that Eric Raymond
> and I were starting. This was the first time that the general public
> heard what //Open Source was about. Friday, February 8 is the last day
> of //Decade Zero of Open Source. Saturday, February 9 is the anniversary
> of Open Source and the start of //Decade One. It's a computer scientist
> thing. We always start counting from zero :-)/
>
> http://perens.com/works/articles/State8Feb2008/
>
> Would be great to do a workshop with Bruce Perens. Anyone know him?
>

> --
> Henrik Bennetsen
> Research Director
> Stanford Humanities Lab
> Stanford University
>
> Wallenberg Hall, 450 Serra Mall
> Building 160, Stanford University
> Stanford, CA 94305-2055, USA
>
> bennetsen at gmail.com <mailto:bennetsen at gmail.com>
> Cell: +1 415.418.4042
> Office: +1 650.724.5504
> Fax:  +1 650.725.0192
>
> --
> Metaverse U Conference, Febr. 16th & 17th
> http://metaverseu.stanford.edu/

James R. Jacobs
International Documents Librarian
Green Library
Stanford University
(650) 725-1030
jrjacobs at stanford.edu
http://jonssonlibrary.stanford.edu
AIM: LibrarianJames Jabber: radlib at jabber.org

Freedom is never given; it is won.
-- A. Philip Randolph in keynote speech given at the Second National
Negro Congress in 1937
Celebrate February as Black History Month!

   (\
  {|||8-
   (/