[opensource] needs for Perens talk

James Jacobs jrjacobs at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 21 12:10:00 PST 2008

Hi all,

ok, we're just about set for Bruce Perens' talk. we've got a room
(420-041 in the Psych building), and Marco has sent out announcements to
several lists. I'm still waiting to hear back on whether or not Brandy
will be able to spearhead the nosh (she's trying to figure out how to
order food/drinks and then get $$ from the folks who said they'd donate
$100).

We still need PR so that we'll get a big turnout. Can someone make a
nice PDF flyer, send to the list and others print and canvass your
areas? Marco, which lists have you sent the announcement to? I sent to
Terry Winograd who will hopefully post to CS lists.

We also need videographers to tape the event. Anyone?

James

--
James R. Jacobs
International Documents Librarian
jrjacobs at stanford.edu
http://jonssonlibrary.stanford.edu
AIM: LibrarianJames Jabber: radlib at jabber.org

Freedom is never given; it is won.
-- A. Philip Randolph in keynote speech given at the Second National
Negro Congress in 1937
Celebrate February as Black History Month!

   (\
  {|||8-
   (/